IFSA committees offer an opportunity to have a hands-on experience with developing and improving IFSA member benefits. Participating on one of the below committees is an excellent way to utilize your skillset and to better the organization for all members.
Each IFSA committee is comprised of industry volunteers with specialized expertise in each area of focus. To serve the best interests of the industry, IFSA committee members represent airlines and vendor companies in different regions of the globe.
If you are a member and interested in volunteering for any IFSA committee, please complete the online interest form by clicking here. Please also feel free to contact IFSA staff directly or at email@example.com.
Communications Advisory Council
The Communications Advisory Council works to ensure members have a unified voice on matters concerning the interests of the onboard services industry. The Council is comprised of seasoned marketing and communications professionals within the industry that represent the various segments of IFSA membership. This group assists with the development and distribution of communications, responding to media inquiries, and initiatives to enhance communication to members.
- Staff Liaison: Jeannie Buissereth
Conference Planning Committee
Conference Planning Committee is tasked with overseeing an annual EXPO Program, including venues and social functions. The committee assures that the event programs are supportive of IFSA strategic goals and objectives as well as meet the needs of all members and the marketplace.
- Chair: Bernardo Garcia, HACO
- Co-Chair: Dulce Martin, Adulce Group LLC
- Board Liaison: Kimberly Guanci Dylewski, Campione D’Italia Foods, LLC
- Members: Lori Bezada, AMI; Tom Catto, McGuire & Associates; Dan Day, AMI; Michael Fishburn, Etihad Airways; Terry Guise, Gourmet Foods, Inc.; Allison Hardesty, DFMI; Paula Jansen, Hawaiian Airlines; Stathis Kefallonitis, branding.aero; Stephen Parkerson, Flying Food Group; Leyla Wheelhouse, DFS, Inc
- Staff Liaison: Darrell McCook
Government Affairs and Education Committee
The mission of the IFSA Government Affairs and Education Committee (GAEC) is to provide information, guidance and education to the IFSA membership regarding food safety and security. GAEC is responsible for providing information, guidance and education to IFSA members on food safety and security, and maintains an open dialogue with all appropriate worldwide regulatory and legislative bodies. They address industry needs by representing the industry to outside parties and government agencies, as approved by the Executive Committee.
- Chair: Rosimeire Miranda, LSG Group
- Board Liaison: Dirk Kleer, LSG Sky Chefs
- GAEC Staff Liaison: Alison Watkins
- EU Staff Liaison: Margaux Rundstadler
- To be added to these committee rosters, please contact Alison Watkins or Margaux Rundstadler
The Ideation Committee is responsible for adding additional value to IFSA members through new initiatives and special projects including the APEX/IFSA Awards program and regional events.
- Board Liaison: Steve Murtoff, Southwest Airlines
- Members: Zev Chernilo, LATAM; Diego DeAstis, DFS, Inc.; Pendar Khosravi, En-Route; Paul Normand, HACO; Mark O’Sullivan, Michael J. Devine; Jeremy Parsons, AMI; Erick Ray, Orvec; Mark Spiwak, Coca-Cola; Andrew Yiu, Air Canada
- Staff Liaison: Kristi Johnson
This committee is focused on membership strategy, including recruiting new members and ensuring renewals. A concerted effort will also be made towards international expansion. The committee will work to strengthen the perception of IFSA as offering year-round member benefits rather than being a single event organization.
- Chair: Mark O’Sullivan, Michael J. Devine
- Staff Liaison: Hannah Perkins
The Sponsorship Committee is responsible for the overall coordination of soliciting sponsorships for the association including the EXPO and regional events. The committee is charged with increasing the association’s sponsorship revenue and providing sponsors with a substantial ROI.
- Members: Mike Fishburn, Etihad Airways; Erick Ray, Orvec
- Staff Liaison: Nicole Blackshear
Thought Leadership Committee
The Thought Leadership Committee is tasked with developing educational programs and services at the EXPO as well as at other IFSA and partner events as identified. Programs will feature a wide variety of industry speakers, presentations, panels and forum discussions. These valuable educational programs and insights offered to IFSA members will foster the international exchange of ideas, new information, industry best practices and the latest market trends.
- Board Liaison: Chris Kinsella, Gate Gourmet
- Members: Shaun Hunter, Westjet; Stathis Kefallonitis, branding.aero; Jonjie Lockman, Intervine; Kellie Munoz, American Airlines; Alexandra Wakefield, JetBlue Airways
- Staff Liaison: Lauren Costello