The APEX/IFSA Awards recognize specific, innovative and brand new achievements successfully implemented in the past year. Winners of the 2023 APEX/IFSA Awards, Passenger Choice Awards, Four and Five Star Official Airline Ratings™ and more will be announced at the APEX/IFSA Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 26 October at the 2022 APEX/IFSA EXPO.
The awards recognize innovations in the following categories:
IFSA Best Inflight Food or Beverage
Recognizes a food or beverage product that appeals to passengers’ taste and enhance the onboard experience. The product can be an economy class complimentary or buy on board.
- Air France: Sustainable Onboard Experience
- Thales Avionics: JetBlue Meal + Customizable Ordering
- United Airlines: Impossible Meatball Bowl
IFSA Best Onboard Amenity
Recognizes an amenity kit that provides an enhanced onboard passenger experience.
- Air Astana JSC: Business Class Amenity Kits
- Delta Air Lines: Someone Somewhere Amenity Kit Partnership
- Fiji Airways: Our Ocean, Our Life Kids Activity Pack
- John Horsfall & Sons: Finnair BC Mattress Pad
*Please note: tie for third place
APEX/IFSA Best Cabin Innovation
Recognizes outstanding achievement in creating a thoughtful new cabin environment, including galleys, lavatories, and means to increase efficiency for crew.
- Avianca: Premium Seats Narrow Body Fleet
- Finnair: Elevated Long Haul Experience
- IdeaNova Technologies: Intouch Nearcast
APEX/IFSA Best Product or Service
Honors innovations in passenger comfort, including seats, design, lighting, temperature control, air quality and more. Sustainable entries will be given additional credit.
- HRS: Crew & Passenger Solutions
- Thales Avionics: Pulse Power
- Virgin Atlantic: “The Booth”
APEX Best Inflight Connectivity Innovation
Honors airlines and/or their vendor partners who have created a new inflight innovation including interactive connectivity onboard, unique WiFi features/offerings, etc.
- AirFi: LEO Connectivity Solution
- Astronics CSC: Cabin AXe Wireless Access Point
- Stellar Blu: Sidewinder Multi-modem Terminal
APEX Best Inflight Entertainment Innovation
Award airlines and/or their vendor partners who have created a new inflight innovation that is elevating the passenger experience via GUI design, features/applications, streaming, hardware, seat integration, etc.
- ABOVE: One-Stop-Shop Digital Platform
- AERQ: AERENA Accelerated App Integration
- Burrana: RISE Power
APEX Best Airport Innovation
Recognizes achievement in creating a new airport innovation, idea or offering.
APEX Best Marketing Innovation
Awards achievement in creating a new marketing campaign or idea.
- Thales Avionics and Diehl Aerospace: ICEE
- Touch, Warner Bros, LATAM: IFE Cross-Brand
- Virgin Atlantic: See the World Differently